Vacancy – Property Assistant
We are seeking to recruit a Property Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis, working from the Group’s Head Office at the Banchory Business Centre. The position will likely commence in Summer 2023.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and customer service skills, a working knowledge of Office 365, a polite and competent telephone manner, be able to readily take instructions, work autonomously and respond to the dynamic and changing nature of the property management sector.
The applicant will become an integral part of the Property and Administration Team.
Leys Estate Group is a family-owned, dynamic land and property management business operating in Royal Deeside. A core element of the Group is the Leys Estate which has been in the ownership of the Burnett Family for 700 years. The Estate is home to over 130 commercial tenants, 17 farms, over 60 residential properties, amenity and commercial woodlands, renewable energy projects and spans over 7,500 acres of land.
Business Centre Property Assistant
- Management of the Business Centre, leasing and letting, tenant management, preparing new and renewing licenses, addressing tenant concerns, requests, and feedback. Finding solutions and forward thinking to provide a tailored approach to tenant needs.
- Coordinating building maintenance contract visits and reactive maintenance visits, contract renewals and tendering, tracking, and monitoring contract costs to maintain low costs and efficiency in outsourcing.
- Coordinating all fire safety management and coordinating fire tests and drills.
- Reporting on occupancy and involvement in looking at budgets and accounts to maintain and improve financial efficiency for the building.
- Assisting with improvement of energy efficiency.
- Working with Marketing Department.
Residential Property Assistant
- Leasing and letting LEG residential properties, tenant management, drafting and renewing leases, addressing tenant concerns and requests.
- Working on assessing and issuing rent reviews and the related correspondence.
- Working with the wider team on energy efficiency, property maintenance and marketing.
Commercial Property Assistant
- Day-to-day management of commercial properties comprising, but not limited to, storage/workshop facilities, offices and other commercial units.
- Dealing with tenant management, drafting and renewing leases, addressing tenant concerns and requests and managing property repairs.
General Property Management and wider team involvement
- Use of Landmark Data system to assist with data input and creation of work instructions.
- Dealing with Leys Estate Group business phone queries and working with all members of staff.
- Reception cover as part of the Property and Admin team
- Involvement with the monthly Property and Admin Team Meeting.
- Management and tracking of energy usage and efficiency across the business.
- Potential involvement in mapping land use data on PearGiS
- Experience providing high-quality customer service, with a professional and polite approach to handling dynamic customer/client needs.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Use of Office 365 and skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Forward thinking and proactive individual who can think on their feet, help to create solutions and adapt to the demands of the ever-changing rural property sector.
- Willingness to become part of a team and to actively participate in team working, use collaborative thinking and take responsibility for autonomy and individual working.
- Knowledge or experience in administration and property management, leasing and letting properties
Preferred, but not essential:
o Knowledge or experience of property management software and requirements for maintenance and legislative compliance.
o Relevant leasing and letting property qualifications.
o Knowledge or experience of commercial property leasing guidelines.
Salary – Salary in line with experience and qualifications
Private Healthcare – All employees have access to the Health Care Cash Plan. The main items covered under the scheme are:
- Health Screening
- Complementary Therapies which include physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractor, and acupuncture
Holidays – 34 days per year (an additional 1 day for every 5 years’ service)
EAP Scheme – An employee assistance programme is available free of charge to all employees.
Please contact – [email protected]