Tourism, Food & Drink
The Tourism, Food Drink Sector is seen as a key sector for substantial growth for the Leys Estate Group over the five year Forward Strategy period, particularly with the slowdown of the North Sea oil economy.
Opportunity North East (ONE) have identified Tourism and the Food and Drink sectors as three of the five key target areas for growth to support the economy of the North East of Scotland in a post oil period. With its prime location, diverse property assets and wide range of business activities, the Leys Estate Group is in a great position to be able to support this aim.
There are already 26 tourism related businesses and 13 food and drink outlets/businesses leasing premises from the Group and we aim to developed these further and expanded opportunities where feasible.
Tourism is a key driver of the success of estate tenanted businesses such as the Woodend Community Complex businesses, Battlegrounds Outdoor Activity Park and the Milton retail businesses and also new business developments such as Aberdeenshire Highland Cattle at Lochton Farm and Deeside Brewery.
The development of further tourism on the estate and in the Banchory area will assist in elevating the Banchory area to become a significant local, regional and national tourism destination with the economic benefits that that brings to the local economy and Group businesses. This tourism growth will be complimented by the development and expansion of the local food and drink sector, which the Leys Estate Group can play a key part in delivering.
- Contribute to establishing Banchory as the key holiday destination in the North East of Scotland
- Assist in the promotion of Banchory as the Eastern Gateway to Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park
- Develop Ancestral/Heritage tourism
- Work with neighbours and partners to develop and promote local tourism
- Continue to develop recreational opportunities throughout the estate
- Integrate and link up local businesses to develop a cohesive approach to tourism development and destination awareness
- Take part in estate wide, local and regional marketing and partnership working to develop awareness and business development